Dec. 29, 2015
Get it. Use it. Support Community and save!
If you want to support community with your purchasing power, GO LOCAL is here to help you.
Want a strong local economy? Want to save some money? Then put a GO LOCAL Rewards Card in your wallet, because it pays to buy local.
Get A Card
Pick up a free GO LOCAL Rewards Card with purchase at one of these select GO LOCAL Reward Merchants (click link).
How It Works
- Get your GO LOCAL Rewards Card and register it by filling out the form and giving it to the merchant where you got your card, or registering your card onine now.
- Find merchants who offer rewards and what the rewards are for each one.
- Present your GO LOCAL Rewards Card when you shop.
- Track your progress with your electronic transactions by logging into your user profile.
Merchants offer rewards in two ways.
"Show Your Card" Rewards
Merchants offering "show your card" rewards will give you a discount or reward for simply showing your card. Your card is not swiped, and these rewards are not tracked online.
"Swipe the card" Rewards
Loyalty Rewards—Earn rewards for progress, like popular “punch card” loyalty programs with the added convenience of electronic tracking and a single card that works at many businesses. View your account online to track the progress of all your loyalty rewards at multiple merchants.
GO LOCAL Bucks—Some merchants offer rebates in GO LOCAL Bucks on purchases made with your GO LOCAL Rewards Card. Earn GO LOCAL Bucks on one purchase, then spend them on your next purchase at any merchant accepting GO LOCAL Bucks.
Watch this short video to get a basic idea how it works.
Registering Your Card
- As soon as you get your card, YOU CAN USE IT IMMEDIATELY for Rewards.
When you first got your free card, you filled out a registration form with your name and email address, connecting YOU to your card number.
- Online registration: Register your card right now at golocal.coop/register.
- Manual registration: If you filled out a registration form at a store where you got your card, within around 4 weeks you'll be notified by email.
- After registration is complete you'll get an email from us with a username and password so that you can log in to golocal.coop to view your GO LOCAL Bucks balance and loyalty progress whenever you want.
- If you didn't fill out that registration form connecting your card number with your name and email, you can still use your card; you simply won't have online access to your balance.
Lost Cards? Multiple Cards? Changed your e-mail?
- If you lost a card and need a replacement, just email firstname.lastname@example.org with your card number and mailing address, and we'll send you a replacement.
- If you have multiple cards you want to merge onto one account, email us and let us know.
- If you changed your email address, just email email@example.com and we'll update your user profile.
Have a CFCU Debit Card? Use it for Rewards.
- You can use your Community First Credit Union debit card as a GO LOCAL Rewards Card. Read more here.
- Do you have both a CFCU debit card and a Rewards Card? Merge them into one Rewards account with this form.
- Did you get a new or replacement CFCU debit card? It takes 4-6 weeks after you've received it to be activated for use as a Rewards Card.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Q: I tried to register my card online and it won't register.
A: Your card probably hasn't been swiped yet, which activates it so it can be registered in your name. Email firstname.lastname@example.org your card number and we'll activate it for you, or just start using your card at an electronic merchant to activate it.
2. Q: I forgot my card at a merchant that offers GO LOCAL Bucks. Can you give me my credit after the fact?
A: No; you must supply your card to the merchant at the time of purchase to earn and spend your savings.
3. Q: The merchant wasn't able to process my rewards card - can I get the rewards processed now?
A: No; this card was free to you, and we can't control internet interruptions at our many merchants. We ask that you just wait to spend and earn savings the next time you shop!
4. Q: What's the balance on my card?
A: Log in to golocal.coop. Go to "Your GO LOCAL Bucks Accounts" and click on your name to view your transaction history and balance.
5. Q: How do I log in?
A: Use your email or username if you know it. Enter your password, or click the link that says "If you forgot your password, click here to reset it.". You will receive an email with a temporary password that you can reset once you're logged in.
6. Q: My email or last name has changed - how do I update my account?
A: Email email@example.com with your old and new emails or names and we'll update it for you!
7. Q: What about my privacy?
A: Privacy is important to us local folks. Your email will only be used by GO LOCAL/Sustaining Technologies, and optionally by the merchant who issued your Rewards Card; your information will not be distributed or sold to any third parties. You'll receive customized email updates from GO LOCAL with your Rewards Card activity and monthly e-news, and you have the option to opt out of both at any time.