Dec. 30, 2015
If you want to increase your sales and feel part of the local business community,
WORK YOUR GO LOCAL MEMBERSHIP.
Download our one-page Member Tools Checklist with the same list as below to track your current and future member activity.
How do you realize value in being a GO LOCAL member?
Work Your Membership
- Plaster GO LOCAL logos on everything (including the proverbial kitchen sink) for maximum value—download logos at golocal.coop/logos/
- While you’re plastering logos, also share GO LOCAL facts, studies and graphics - Use them on your website, marketing materials, in-store and window signage, advertising, etc. Get them at golocal.coop/localfirst.
- Directory listings show up in search engines, so refresh your listing content quarterly when you log in at golocal.coop with description, photos, videos. Your listing contact info is also displayed in our print Pocket Guide, published every May and Nov.
- Get 100 customers to provide 100 recommendations to your directory listing and be featured on every page of golocal.coop. We know you have at least 100 customers who love you and want to tell others, right?
- Sometimes members say,”Why didn’t someone tell us that news!?” Well, smarty pants, we do tell all of our members in our monthly business member e-newsletters. Read our e-newsletters to know what’s going on to get more from your membership. Besides, you don’t want to be “that” member who missed out, do you?
- Email us press releases for publishing review to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, complete a “Personally Speaking” profile at golocal.coop/profile. We’ll even post your lovely mug along with the interview. Say cheese…
- You have a lot going on, so tell the world: Submit your events to golocal.coop/events/submit.
- C’mon, get social! Like GO LOCAL’s Facebook page at facebook.com/GoLocal. Follow us on Twitter. Join and post to the Sonoma County GO LOCAL LinkedIn group.
- Get connected with real locals: attend Refer Local monthly lunch meetings on 2nd Fridays at noon. Find the schedule and sign up to be a featured business at golocal.coop/refer.
- Get all your staff on board: 15-minute staff orientation sessions available.
- Recruit your business partners, suppliers and vendors as members.
Once you work your membership, how to supercharge your GO LOCAL membership?
Next Steps - Media Offers
- REWARDS: Become a Rewards Card merchant - choose a 1) “swipe-the-card” or 2) “show-the-card” offer. Your reward for participating is that you can keep existing customers and attract new ones; now that’s useful!
- PACKAGES: Buy bundled media packages through GO LOCAL, including print, digital, outdoor, radio and more. Example campaigns include “Indie Month” in July, “Have a GO LOCAL Holiday” in Nov/Dec. Limited packages available each campaign.
- Let GO LOCAL blow your horn to the social masses. That way you’re not all boasty; we do it for you. Schedule boosted Facebook post campaigns through GO LOCAL.
- GO LOCAL has a huge newsletter list, and here’s another way you can reach bona-fide local fans. Reserve a featured section in GO LOCAL newsletters - segmented to reach business and consumer.
- Some shoppers really love locally owned businesses. They want to know which businesses are local. They pick up the GO LOCAL Pocket Guide to find local businesses. You can be there when they are with an ad in the May and November issues.
- Advertise in GO LOCAL’s Made Local Magazine to reach targeted fans of local. Perfect for food and beverage, as well as related categories like gardening, housewares, appliances, etc. Published March, May. July, September and November.
- Advertise in the GO LOCAL section of Upbeat Times, published monthly. That’s what we call upbeat.
- Advertise in special GO LOCAL 8-page foldout sections of the North Bay Bohemian: choose from Restaurant Week in March, Independents Month in July, the Nonprofit Issue in October, and Have a GO LOCAL Holiday in December.
- Schedule GO LOCAL broadcast radio packages to access over half the Sonoma County population with Amaturo Sonoma Media Group (KSRO, Froggy 95.5, 97.7 The River, Hot 101.7, K-Hits 104.9).
- OUTDOOR: Buy GO LOCAL digital outdoor advertising packages on 101 in Rohnert Park (the really gigantic board that rotates screen panels) to reach hundreds of thousands of local commuters, in association with Veale Outdoor.
- ONLINE: Make it easy for customers to find you online with our TRUE LOCAL Online Digital Presence Management, and other digital media services.