'Tis the season for Holidays Along the Farm Trails!
Enjoy Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Winter Solstice, Christmas, and New Year's Eve Sonoma County-style with Sonoma County Farm Trails’ special holiday coverage. Throughout the season, we will be featuring offerings from our Farm Trails members, including farm-fresh food and drink for your holiday meals, thoughtful ag-centric gifts, Christmas tree farms, and lots of festive events, on our new Holidays Along the Farm Trails online guide at FarmTrails.org.
By shopping from local farms and producers, not only will your holiday celebrations be fresh, delicious, and unique, you also won't have to worry so much about supply-chain issues and shipping delays. Buying local and direct is a win-win for you and the local ag economy!
Highlights include the following, with a focus on small-scale local agriculture and family fun:
- CHRISTMAS TREES: Looking for choose-and-cut, precut, or a living Christmas tree? We have fun and festive options for you!
- EVENTS CALENDAR: Check out our calendar for the latest member events, from wreath-making workshops, farm tours, and craft markets, to Santa visits and lots more.
- HOLIDAY DRINKS: Your holidays will be merry and bright with locally made libations, from wine, cider, and spirits, to juice, coffee, tea, and of course eggnog!
- HOLIDAY FOOD: Farm Trails members have everything for your holiday celebration: cheese, fruits and vegetables, grains and dried goods, meat and seafood, pies and baked goods, and preserves and pantry goods. Or treat yourself to a holiday meal out at one of our member restaurants, or inquire about catering.
- HOLIDAY GIFTS: Skip the big-box stores and supply-chain issues and shop for locally grown and made gifts: foodie gift collections, home goods, wellness and self-care, and wreaths and decor.
- HOLIDAYS MAP: Look for farms and producers using our searchable dynamic map.
We have more than 50 Farm Trails members in the Holidays guide, and will be happy to connect you for potential interviews and product reviews!
About Sonoma County Farm Trails: Farm Trails was established in 1973 by Sonoma County farmers to create community among food producers and establish a stronger connection between farmers and the public via direct sales. Its mission is to help ensure the continuing economic viability of Sonoma County agriculture by instilling an appreciation of ag as a vital part of the community and lifestyle. Farm Trails continues to serve as a local resource, advocating for our 160-plus members with 24/7 visibility on our dynamic searchable website (FarmTrails.org), seasonal farm tours and marketing campaigns, our annual Map & Guide, and high-quality thematic newsletters. Farm Trails also produces the beloved Gravenstein Apple Fair each August as its primary fundraiser to help sustain its mission to keep farms forever in Sonoma County. Farm Trails is a 501(C)6 nonprofit, with a newly established sister 501(C)(3) nonprofit organization, the Farm Trails Foundation.