Being in the GO LOCAL Pocket Guide is an easy way to reach people who have an affinity for local businesses.
Like all GO LOCAL media opportunities, it reaches a qualified customer. There's no waste, just highly receptive folks picking up the guide who support local businesses and nonprofits.
Since COVID, Pocket Guides are now picked up by local shoppers in racks at high-traffic grocery and retail locations.
The list of locations shifts, but a partial list of rack locations includes: Andy's Market, Bear Republic Lakeside, Community Market Sebastopol and Santa Rosa, Copperfield's locations, Cozy Plum, Dahlia & Sage Market, Epicenter, Friedman's Petaluma & Santa Rosa, Habitat for Humanity ReStore, Lola's Market, Molsberry’s, Oliver's Santa Rosa, Cotati & Windsor, Pacific Market Sebastopol & Santa Rosa, Penngrove Market, Shelton's Natural Foods, Washoe House, Western Farm, Wilibees, and more.
View the current edition as an online flipbook here
Pocket Guides are also available in smaller quantities pending COVID limitations at dozens of retail stores, personal services/salons, automotive repair, chambers and visitors centers, banks, restaurants & coffee shops including these GO LOCAL rewards merchants
The Pocket Guide is published twice per year, with 10,000 copies per printing.
- Summer/Fall Edition 2021 circulates June through November
- Winter/Spring Edition 2021-2022 circulates December to May.
That's a total annual readership of 60,000. It's a handy print reference for EXCLUSIVELY locally owned businesses in Sonoma County. It's also published online as a flipbook (at the bottom of this page). In addition to listings and ads, you'll also find editorial and infographic pages about why it's important to support local businesses and nonprofits.
Two Ways You Can Be Seen in the GO LOCAL Pocket Guide:
1. FREE DESCRIPTIVE LISTINGS
All current members get a FREE listing that includes:
- Business/Nonprofit name
- Address (or city if no physical location), Phone number, Website
- Rewards offer (if you have one)
- All members ALSO get a 10-word description as part of their listing. We'll write your description, or you can submit your own.
2. EXCLUSIVE ADVERTISING
Only members can be there in full color when locals flip through it.
- Half page ad, horizontal only - $350
- Full page ad - $575
- Full page premium ad - $700 (pending availability; inside front cover, page 3, inside back cover & back cover.)
- Full 2-page ad spread - $1000
- We'll create your ad for you - add a $75 design fee
SUMMER/FALL AD DEADLINE
RESERVATIONS, AD SUBMISSIONS + PAYMENT DEADLINE: May 1, 2021
PUBLISH DATE: June 1, 2021 (approximate)
WINTER/SPRING AD DEADLINE
RESERVATIONS, AD SUBMISSIONS + PAYMENT DEADLINE: November 1, 2021
PUBLISH DATE: December 1, 2021 (approximate)
AD SIZES & ARTWORK INFO
FULL PAGE AD
Full Page / Live type + content area: 4.5" horizontal x 7.625" vertical
Trim Size: 5.25" horizontal x 8.5" vertical
Full Bleed: 5.5" horizontal x 8.75" vertical
HALF PAGE AD
Trim Size: 4.73" horizontal x 3.88" vertical; NO BLEED.
TWO FULL PAGE AD SPREAD
Full Page / Live type + content area each page: 4.5" horizontal x 7.625" vertical
Trim Size: 10.5" horizontal x 8.5" vertical
Full Bleed: 10.75" horizontal x 8.75" vertical
Instructions for PDF artwork submission:
- turn ALL fonts into outlines / paths; embed all images.
- NO crop marks or registration marks
- convert RGB images into CMYK before placing in layout; save layout in CMYK mode
For ads produced by GO LOCAL, there is a $75 production charge. Merchant to provide logo, image(s), ad copy, and any desired fonts. Production includes an initial proof with one set of changes before ad is finalized. Additional design work is available at added cost.
Find full business listings with more detail here.